1. What to expect at and after your appointment?
- Make sure you have an appointment or you will be sent home
- Be polite or you will be asked to leave
- Make sure you have filled in the mandatory Government Registration Form for this clinic
- Arrive on time as we only have a limited waiting area
- It is your responsibility to wear a mask, and socially distance at all times
- Come prepared to be vaccinated and wear clothing with easy access to your upper arm (deltoid muscle)
- If you have questions or are unsure please read the information on the webiste and discuss with your doctor before making an appointment
- Before OR after you have been vaccinated please complete the Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR) form (a.k.a Vaccine Checkin Form)
2. What happens if I fill in the Government Registration Form or Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR) Form incorrectly – for example misspelt/different name or incorrect DOB?
In this situation your COVID immunisation may NOT get updated to the AIR. This can not be rectified by the Vaccine Clinic – see options below (#8).
3. What if I am not a citizen and do NOT have a medicare card?
This Vaccine Centre is authorised to provide a COVID Vaccine to Non-Citizens and those who do NOT have a medicare card.
For NON-Citizens without a medicare card, it is important that you obtain a IHI (Individual Healthcare Inditifier) number – see [Link]. This number is important for the clinic to register your vaccination with the Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR). If you do NOT provide your IHI number on your AIR Registry form (Vaccine Checkin form) [Link] we will NOT be able to upload your vaccination to the AIR and you will NOT be able to download a proof of vaccination status. If you obtain a IHI number after your vaccination with us we will not be able to retrospectively upload your IHI number. You will need to contact the AIR directly to rectify this.
4. When do I book my AstraZeneca Dose 2 Vaccination?
You will need to book your AstraZeneca second dose at least 4 weeks after your first dose. You will NOT be sent a reminder to book your Dose 2. Online bookings will be released 1-2 weeks in advance. This clinic has a large allocation of Vaccines so no one will miss out.
5. Is the Pfizer Vaccine restricted?
This Vaccine Clinic can provide the Pfizer Vaccine to ALL Adults aged 16 and over. You will be guaranteed a second appointment in 3-4 weeks. This Vaccine Clinic can NOT provide vaccinations to anyone under the age of 16.
6. When do I book my Pfizer Dose 2 Vaccination?
You will need to book your Pfizer second dose 3-4 weeks after your first dose. You will NOT be sent a reminder to book your Dose 2. Online bookings will be released 1-2 weeks in advance. This clinic has a large allocation of Vaccines so no one will miss out.
7. Where can I obtain proof of vaccination?
We are NOT able to provide you with a COVID vaccination certificate. This can be downloaded from your ‘My Health Record’ if you have completed the AIR registration form correctly – see below. [Link]
If you require a proof of your vaccination you must register each dose with the Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR) by completing the following AIR Form (also known as “Vaccine checkin” form) [Link] ON THE DAY of each of your Dose 1 and 2 appointments. Please complete this form on the morning of each appointment at home. Upon completion you will receive a QR code/ 9 digit code – print a copy or take a picture of this code with your phone to show the staff at the clinic. This form is essential to register and get proof of your COVID vaccinations. You will need to be repeat this form for both Dose 1 & 2 and must only be completed ON THE DAY of your vaccination only.
Please complete the form CAREFULLY. Use your proper name as it appears on your medicare card or ‘MyGov Account’ and carefully input your Medicare or IHI number into the form. Note the clinic CANNOT fix any errors you have made in completing this form and you may not receive a proof of vaccination from the AIR. If you misspell your name or enter an incorrect name or date of birth on the AIR form we are NOT able to rectify this for you. You will then need to contact Medicare online to make any changes within your online immunisation history – see [Link].
For NON-citizens without a Medicare card, it is important that you obtain a IHI (Individual Healthcare Identifier) number – see [Link]. This number is important for the clinic to register your vaccination with the Australian Immunisation Registry (AIR). If you do NOT provide your IHI number on your AIR Registry form (Vaccine Checkin form) the clinic CANNOT fix these errors for you. Also if you misspell your name or enter an incorrect name or date of birth on the AIR form the clinic CANNOT fix these errors for you. You will then need to contact Medicare online to make any changes within your online immunisation history – see [Link].
Please allow 2-3 days for your vaccination to be registered with the AIR. You can get proof of your vaccination via the following website. [Link]
WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY FURTHER information or proof so please do NOT contact us demanding this service.
8. I can not find my COVID Vaccination status in ‘myGov account’?
All patients who attend this Vaccine Centre and complete the AIR (Australian Immunisation Registry) registration form (also known as ‘Vaccine Check-in Form’) on the day of their appointment will have their immunisation status uploaded to the AIR with the EXACT information that they provided on this form. This process is automated and there is no error with transfer of the information you provide on this form. That is if you enter the wrong name, Date of birth, address, IHI, medicare number, then there is nothing we can change.
The possible reasons you are not able to see the vaccine upload on your ‘myGov account’ which is linked to the AIR registry is:
- You have entered your name, date of birth, medicare or IHI number incorrectly on the check in form when you came to the clinic. Even very small errors will result in your information not being linked to your ‘My Gov’ account.
- If you did not provide that form with a medicare or IHI number, the Clinic still uploads the data to the AIR with the information you provided. However you will not be able to see this record as it will not be linked to your ‘My Gov’ account even if you create a IHI or provide us with a Medicare number at a later stage. We are unable to change the record.
Here is a classic example-
Alberta Conan Honraz (not a real person)
She filled in her Check-in AIR form as Alberta Honraz so her immunisation is uploaded by this clinic under Alberta Honraz. Our duty ends there.
Now she set up her ‘myGov account’ under Alberta Conan Honraz. This means her immunisation record will not be under her full last name.
If you did this or a similar mistake (entered an incorrect date of birth, Medicare or IHI number) read your options below. Please DO NOT contact this clinic as we cannot amalgamate these records or re-enter your data again.
You can have this rectified by:
- Contact Service NSW or the AIR to have your details corrected and vaccine information amalgamated.
- Contact your GP who can then manually correct information with the AIR to have your vaccine registered. If your GP is unable to do this for you, we can provide your with recommended GPs who can provide this service.
Contact Numbers that may be useful:
My health record help line – 1800 723 471 [Link]
IHI, Services australia – 1300 361 457
Australian Immunisation Registry – 1800 653 809
Your usual General Practitioner
A local Private General Practice who can assist (fees apply) – 9416 1214
9. NO REFERRAL REQUIRED
10. This is a FREE CLINIC to citizens and non-citizens. A medicare card is NOT required for you to register.
If you have a medicare card please bring it to your appointment so that you can complete the Australian Immunisation Registry Form. If you do not have a medicare card please create a ‘myGov account’ and generate a unique IHI number for your self as this is important to get proof of your vaccination (see above). [Link]
10. NO on-site toilet facilities
11. NO ONSITE PARKING
Best parking is on the Pacific Highway or Larkin Lane carpark behind the Roseville Cinema. Please note the clearway signs.