132 Pacific Highway Roseville – Front White Building
In conjunction with the Australian Government Department of Health, the Northshore COVID-19 Vaccine Centre will provide eligible patients with free doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. To confirm eligibility please check here:
To make the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine booking please complete the following mandatory government registration form with your official (passport or medicare) names:
After completing the above registration form and confirming that you are eligible to receive the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, please select a suitable date/time from the list of options below and complete your online appointment booking.
At this stage bookings can only be made up to 1-2 weeks in advance. Also please refer to our frequently asked questions below before texting us any queries.
We are closed for the public holiday Monday June 14
Please arrive ONLY 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time as we only have a limited waiting area.
To change your appointment booking you will need to first cancel your original booking.
To cancel your appointment TEXT/SMS us on 0434 189 047
Do NOT make multiple bookings for your self as this will take away precious appointments from others.
Please DO NOT come to your vaccination appointment:
- if you are unsure about having the vaccination and do NOT provide consent. Please review vaccine information online and discuss any questions with your GP.
- if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
- if you are in quarantine.
- If you have had another vaccine, for example the influenza vaccination, in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
IF YOU HAVE ANY VIRAL SYMPTOMS, please get TESTED at the Roseville COVID-19 Testing Clinic.
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 3.30pm
By Appointment Only
BEFORE VACCINATION INFORMATION:
POST VACCINATION INFORMATION/ SIDE EFFECTS:
After receiving any vaccine, you may experience minor side effects. Most side effects are mild and last no more than a few days.
Common reactions to COVID-19 vaccinations include:
- a sore arm
- low level fever
- muscle pain
- joint pains
You should seek medical attention from your local doctor or emergency department after vaccination if:
- you think you are having an allergic reaction. Call 000 if you experience severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, wheezing, a fast heartbeat or collapsing
- you are worried about a potential side effect or have new or unexpected symptoms
- you have an expected side effect of the vaccine which has not gone away after a few days.
You can use the COVID-19 vaccine side effects symptom checker if you have concerns about any symptoms after your vaccine.
The checker is also available through the National Coronavirus Helpline, 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day.
If you think a COVID-19 vaccine has caused a side effect, you can report it to either your local doctor or the TGA directly.
After your COVID-19 vaccination, it is important that you continue to protect those around you by:
- washing your hands regularly with soap and water
- keeping 1.5m from others
- making sure the COVIDSafe app is active on your phone
- staying informed about local restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- All clinics are currently supplying the AstraZeneca Vaccine. There is NO information from the department of health regarding the roll-out of the Pfizer Vaccine.
- DOSE 2: The recommendation is 12 weeks between doses 1 and 2. However the minimum period between doses is 4 weeks. NOTE WE DO NOT SEND REMINDERS FOR YOUR SECOND DOSE. You can book on-line 1-2 weeks in advance and will accommodate your preferred date/time frame.
- The ONLINE FORMS must be completed before you attend your vaccination appointment. These are mandatory forms required by the Australian Government. Also for future access and certification of your COVID vaccination record please ensure the AIR form is completed and the QR code is provided to If you are unable to complete the forms please see your GP to assist you with completion of these forms.
- COVID VACCINATION CERTIFICATE – we are NOT able to provide a COVID vaccination certificate. If you completed the online Australian Immunisation Registry Form and provided a valid QR code, your vaccination details will be uploaded to the registry. You or your GP may be able to access your immunisation record and print out a copy for your own records. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANYTHING FURTHER so please do NOT contact our staff demanding this service.
- For questions regarding allergy, immune deficiency, autoimmunity and the COVID-19 vaccine please refer to the the following link: https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/ascia-covid-19-vaccination-faq
- NO WAITING – If your online forms have been completed prior to arrival you will be seen promptly.
- NO REFERRAL REQUIRED
- This is a FREE CLINIC to citizens and non-citizens. A medicare card is NOT required for you to register.
- There are no on-site toilet facilities.
- NO ONSITE PARKING. Best parking is on the Pacific Highway or behind the Roseville Cinema. Please note the clearway signs.